Veeam Backup & Replication
Virtualization-powered data protection
Virtualizing your servers to reduce cost is the first step. Next, you need to ensure VMs are protected and your disaster recovery strategies are intact. However, without a solution specifically built to leverage this disruptive technology, IT is forced to use backup tools built for the physical world.
Built for virtualization: Veeam Backup & Replication Veeam Backup & Replication provides fast, flexible and reliable recovery of virtualized applications and data for both VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V. Unifying backup and replication in a single solution and leveraging virtualization to its fullest, Veeam Backup & Replication enhances data protection and disaster recovery for more than 25,000 customers and protects more than 2,000,000 virtual machines (VMs) across the globe.
Veeam provides the most comprehensive protection for your virtual environment.
By offering backup and replication in a single solution, you can have the flexibility to meet different recovery objectives for VMs. Benefits of this virtualization specific solution include:
• 2-in-1 backup and replication: Offers backup and replication in a single solution with one price point.
• Multi-hypervisor support: Protect all VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with a single product, from a single console, minimizing cost and complexity.
• Synthetic full backups: Takes previous full and incremental backups to make a new full backup recovery point without duress on primary storage.
• Built-in DE duplication and compression: Cuts backup storage requirements up to 75% by compressing backup and network traffic and eliminating duplicate blocks of data.
• Near-continuous data protection: Allows you to capture changes and then updates VM images as often as every few minutes for on-site and off-site replication. This allows you to avoid having to buy additional expensive/specialized products.
• Agentless: There are no agents for you to license or deploy, manage, monitor or update on hosts or VMs.
· Product Datasheet (VMware)
· Product Datasheet (Hyper-V)
· What's New in v6